Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Openbox S18

IKS66 Junior Member

Openbox S18

I am testing Openbox S18....Thanks IKS66 for the compliment to have this opportunity. Works fine. This box has some pros and cons.

Two cons that are the most critical right now;

1. It does not have EPG or can not load DN EPG this is the most disadvantage right now....bad bad bad
    2. Plus the support is just starting....I found some sites supporting it and they have just added on support option for those looking for English and Spanish speaking channels...
    3. No free DN SAT Antenna Support
    4. Automatic Updates: You can lose your personalized settings if there is a major unnoticed automatic update. (You must have your Backup updated)
    5. Remote Control is Crazy sometimes or too sensitive
    6. Web services does not have all options encountered in the TV Menu. Specially..bad.bad..is the fact that the Sat Scan can not be done from the the web service. You only can update automatically the Transponders..from a URL or USB from the web services.
    7. They did not pay attention to the Sat Antenna services, the GUI is not as the new STB for SAT TV. I can say that is its worst than the legacy boxes in terms of the attention they pay in the gui design and options. Of course they do have many others advantegas that the Legacy SAT STB do no have. Channel List managemen and Updates using web services is the best for me compared to the legacy STBs.
    8. Comes with only one tuner as a standard option this may do the PVR function as record as you watch..you can order it with the two tuner options and you can do combination of tunners like Cable TV and SAT..etc.

Biggest Advantages for Sat TV;

1. Backup and restores from your PC Via Web services
    2. Channel List Management : Add, delete, Rename, Favorites etc...from Web Services or your Cell
    3. TV, Streaming a Channel to your Cell or to your PC Same channel or Different Channel from TV
    4. Watch Video Streaming from YOUTUBE or other web streaming in your TV via Web services
    5. Use Your Cell or PC as you remote control for most of the Menu Options. Not all options are available from web services
    6. Multiple cam SERVICES
    7. many IPTV cahnnels free for now..plus you can add many suppliers and channels
    8. DNS Services allowed
    9. MANY OTHER OPTIONS TO BE TEST...AND I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME..BUT TRYING.

I will let you know more as I progress in this box...I think if they fix the Support issue, the GUi for SAT TV, the EPG problems....There will be no contest in the STB boxes....
    Last edited by guaitiao; 09-02-2013 at 04:27 AM.