PDA

View Full Version : IPTV using kodi, windows and stalker add-on works!

vwnut8392
03-14-2015, 06:15 AM
i found another forum where they experimented with using kodi to test the IPTV service so i figured i'd give it a shot and it works. im using a windows 7 PC with the latest version of kodi installed. i downloaded the add-on from the other forum and installed it in kodi and everything works. of course you have to configure a few things but it does work. i just wanted to let everyone know there is a functioning way to test IPTV without buying a MAG250.

I've attached the stalker add on for kodi for anyone else that wants to give it shot.

vwnut8392
03-14-2015, 06:17 AM
here are the instructions from the other forum, i just copy and pasted them here for anyone that wants to try this themselves.

It's a very roughly implemented client for the stalker middleware api. Just enough effort was put into it to watch tv, so that I don't have to use the emulator or get a mag box prematurely.

Note-1: this is only available for windows and android at the moment.
Note-2: the current testing server is the only one I've tried with this. It should work with other stalker servers but it probably won't as I don't know of any others.
Note-3: the add-on may be unstable, so don't expect much of it.
Note-4: this is not an emulator. only the servers it's been tested with will work. pm me if you know of other stalker iptv services. I might look into them.
Note-5: tested on Kodi 14.1. should work on anything Kodi 14.x

Download the appropriate zip file:
win32 = windows
android-arm = phones and most boxes <- get this if you're not sure
android-x86 = intel based boxes

uninstall old version first
1. disable it
2. uninstall it
3. restart kodi

install
1. You can use the usual method of "Install from zip file" to install the addon
2. Enable live tv/pvr under Settings -> Live TV -> General
3. Enable the "Stalker Client" pvr add-on and set the MAC (see here) and server address like you would with the emulator
4. Restart Kodi and verify that that the addon is enabled. If it works for you, you should get something like this

Q&A
Q: VOD?
A: I don't have any interest in VOD right now. also, there isn't a sensible subsection to list VOD under the TV section of kodi, so another addon may make more sense.

Q: os x? linux, raspberry pi etc?
A: just windows and android for now. let's see how things go first

Q: I get a "Couldn't load Dll" error on android. What's wrong?
A: filesystem permissions may most likely be preventing kodi from loading the addon from the external storage. I did not have this problem with the nexus 5 (kitkat; stock; no-root), but the nexus player gave me this error. this seems to be so for lollipop. you can try the modified apk that includes the addon. see the bottom of this post.

troubleshoot
All I see is "Working...". What's wrong?
(1) the channel(s) is down
(2) the authentication expired or got invalidated. so, restart kodi
(3) someone else shares your creative mind and somehow uses the same mac address as you. thus (2) happens, so change the mac address and restart kodi
(4) you are using more than one device configured with the same mac address. this won't work. you have to use a different mac address for each device. otherwise one device will invalidate the other. again like (2). (the portal may be tracking IPs as well but idk)
(5) check that the stb emulator or your mag box is working. if that doesn't work, this won't either
(6) still no go? uninstall the addon. restart kodi. install it again
(7) some other weirdness is happening. in that case post your kodi.log on pastebin or similar and link it in your reply here

what's new
- gui error notifications
- additional channels
- better combatitility in some areas
- stability fixes

Ruwired
03-26-2015, 03:10 AM
IPTV with stalker on kodi with fire stick working great, will there be a EPG at some point and also VOD? Thanks for the great work

whynot
03-26-2015, 03:47 AM
vod work now and epg just give it time

The Oracle
03-26-2015, 12:34 PM
IPTV with stalker on kodi with fire stick working great, will there be a EPG at some point and also VOD? Thanks for the great work

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... but I think there is no option to access IPTV VOD (from fta66) using KODI... You only get the channel list and are able to watch them... for VOD you would either need and STB (MAG or aVoV) or STB Emulator on Android... But as whynot mentioned VOD it's already available and working flawlessly.

BLAZE3D
04-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Can you give me how to set it up
stalker ip address ?

Apathy
07-08-2015, 01:56 AM
OK so I've installed Kodi 15 RC1. I've got stalker 0.8.2 got user, pass, server ip, xmltv, mac address, and my mac address is registered with my rocket. No matter what I do everytime I try to load stalker it says Stalker Client unable to load channels. I'm beating my head against the wall, What do I do?

stanley
07-08-2015, 04:00 AM
I am having the same problem as Apathy with Kodi 15 RC1. I only recently purchased a route so assume I should be using s1.iptv66.tv as the server instead of 1.iptvprivateserver.tv. When you update the MAC address on the portal I assume it is instant?

Apathy
07-08-2015, 04:36 AM
I am having the same problem as Apathy with Kodi 15 RC1. I only recently purchased a route so assume I should be using s1.iptv66.tv as the server instead of 1.iptvprivateserver.tv. When you update the MAC address on the portal I assume it is instant?

I actually think I figured it out, the private server isn't setup yet. It will be up July 15th. There is a public one, but you need IPTV Stalker. Google that, you have to get it from a repository. Kodi.Metalkettle.cs

Apathy
07-08-2015, 04:38 AM
Stalker and IPTV Stalker are not the same add-on. One is a pvr addon and the other is a video addon. There's a youtube video that walks you through it. I could be wrong but this is the info I've got from weeks of research.

Sandiver
07-08-2015, 03:21 PM
stalker client that comes with Kodi 15.o+ has a known bug in the code. it doesn't matter which URL you use (you did try using the other one and it didn't work either right? there is a fix if you search for stalker timeout setting you might find it. i recommend you un-install the stalker version that came with the kodi and install the one posted on post 1 of this thread it should work.

Sha97
08-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Been reading everything I can find on iptv and is very confusing some people say have to use iptv stalker add on on kodi and other posts are saying you can't use iptv stalker you have to use different stalker add on. I was wondering if anyone could clear it up on which add on to use for kodi. I have been using iptv with iptv stalker add on for awhile but stopped working when changed to a paid service so does that mean I have to get the other stalker add on ? I am using kodi and still have 30 days left on my iks route,have tried to link Mac but get a cannot update Mac message. I was thinking that if I link Mac everything should work again but am very confused on whether I need to change iptv stalker add on.

Sha97
08-13-2015, 06:06 AM
I have got my MAC address finally linked but am still getting error message on kodi,using 66iptv66.tv in the iptv stalker am almost ready to give up have read every post there is including the iptvtalk.org and still cannot figure this out. I thought once I linked MAC address would be instant but still getting error code if anyone out there can help me get this going would appreciate it thanks

earldev1
08-14-2015, 11:28 AM
use http://mw1.iptv66.tv as url in stalker addon, link your mac address 00:1A:79 xxxxxx send serial # and addon will work

sdruid
04-23-2016, 12:05 AM
Hi,
I have a Amazon FireTV stick running Kodi 16 as well as an AppleTV 1st Gen running Openelec 6.0 and kodi 16 as well
and trying to install the stalker pvr iptv client mentioned in prior posts for my 2 boxes...

where is the download site for the stalker pvr iptv client ?
what other kodi boxes does it support ?

I tried using the stalker pvr iptv client that comes with kodi and it does not work, as also mentioned in one of the prior posts...

any info or updates would be appreciated...

thanks...

GJD511
12-27-2016, 02:19 AM
Happy Holidays! I am new to IPTV. I purchased some IPTV Codes. I have an android box, i do not know what are the steps to follow. I need some assistance. Thanks!

thunderstruck
12-27-2016, 12:40 PM
visit iptvtalk.org for full iptv setup instructions

GJD511
12-29-2016, 07:45 AM
Hello guys! I have Kodi 16.1 Android box and fire stick. I am not able to make them work on IPTV Stalker-rip. Also do i have to reset my iptv to obtain a mac address.

whynot
12-29-2016, 07:04 PM
look at top post