Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

No lights on hub

No lights on hub and have tried everything , maybe not . Now this was somehting I remember reading way back and for some reason , it stuck , just for the simple fact I wouldnt want it to happen again to anybody . The root of the problem started with the hub falling out of the back of the box and then blindly try n to plug it back in and thats when it happened , Zap , no lights . After pluging the hub into another box and the lights worked they knew that the problem was with the box . After removing the cover , just on the other side to were the hub pluged in , on the board , there was a very small black chip that was smoked ( believe this is the were the hub would get its power coming thru ) . This is why this stuck with me , this guy couldnt find any numbers on similar same size black chips near the area on the board so he went to an ole pan-crap box an seen the same size black chip with no numbers on it ad took it out and put it in the SV box and sure enough the light came back on . That took gutts . If memory serves me correctly its a buffer ? 5.5 v ref ? So save yourself this aggrivation and make sure your back switch is off before plugging in your hub or you may need to try n do some repairs or maybe after reading this , you can wake up an ole SV HD box you thought was junk . I take no credit for the but if it works for you , Share . Peace and Happy testing

Was doing some reading and found , in more detail , this info . I take no credit , just passing along a c/p from out in the community . If you have the same issue and this works , please reply back with how it turned out for you . Peace and Happy Testing , and Good Luck . Here it is >> C/P
    Serial port failure

Next, we need to check the voltage going to the network adapter - under load.

Power Off with the rear power switch. Firmly connect your network adapter
    to the rs232 port. You don't need anything else connected.

Remove the top cover. Place the receiver with the front panel towards you. You will be looking at the main receiver board.
    Find the rs232 port, now look directly towards you about a sixteenth of an inch. Find "B19" - Very small surface mounted component;
    it's the third component from the rear left side of the circuit board.
    (The first component in that row is the rear-most LED (light)).
    We need to measure the voltage on both ends of B19.
    Be VERY careful with your meter probes.

Rear power switch On.
    Black meter probe to chassis ground.
    Red meter probe (be careful) to the rear panel side of 'B19' - must be
    right about +5 volts DC.
    Red meter probe (be careful) to the front panel side of 'B19 - must be
    right about +5 volts DC.

Got a few more things for you to check, but it depends on these readings.

I checked B19 in the front have 5.1 Voltage and rear pin face to rs 232 gives me 2.7 voltage ok Do you need more ? Let me know thanks

This might be difficult for you - I don't know how good you are at soldering. This cannot be messed
    up - be careful. Maybe you can find someone to do this for you. The soldering iron must have a
    small tip, and it must be hot and well tinned. The soldering must be done quickly.

Go to an electronics store and get a ¼ amp (250 mA) 'Pico' Fuse. A 'Pico Fuse' is just a bit larger
    than a ¼ watt resistor. Bend one of the leads straight down to form an upside down U. Clip the leads
    about one quarter inch from the bottom of the fuse. Solder one lead to B19's rear terminal and the
    other end to B19's front terminal.

One more time - Never connect or disconnect the network adapter or lnb from your receiver when
    the rear power switch is turned On.

This solved the problem.