Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    IKS66 Member

DN shutting down SD/MPEG 2 and going full MPEG4/HD only?

i've read several places that DN is going full HD and shutting down their SD side as of may 31st 2015. is this true or not? as of 5-27 services have stopped functioning properly on this end if you know what i mean. please someone tell me its not true and this is just a strange ECM hit because buying all new equipment to go IPTV or HD sat is not in my budget right now.

no not true if you have mpeg4 sd box your good like dreamlink t4 sd box will it go all once on 31 i dont know time will tell hope that it will drop slow and that date could be wrong

IKS66 Member
    i have a viewsat platinum and that pretty much makes me screwed right?

IKS66 Junior Member
    And I have SATZEN guess Its NO Good as well...

IKS66 Member
    Yes it is true. Not a rumor. That said, to this day not everyone has a new enough receiver from chuck. Those will need swapped out. Don't know if that has started yet but last time they did a receiver swap to upgrade customers it took a couple years. Even then not all customers swapped. I personally know of a few people that are fighting a receiver swap because they own their receivers and now a days you have to lease them. They don't feel they should be forced to increase their bill having to pay receiver rent.

IKS66 Senior Member
    so why do still install 322 dish receivers if this is true oh and 311's

IKS66 Junior Member
    I have birds 110 and 119 with a dreamlink HD would I be ok? Would I need to rescan all birds? I ask because I've been down for about a week now. Thanks guys.

Also would iks66 give full support for all the new HD channels?

The change is not from sd to hd just from mpeg2 to mpeg4. Yes you will be alright with that receiver.

IKS66 Member
    I heard they will be doing the turbo thing too. Older receivers will be affected like the older Pansats and Viewsats and other mpeg2 only receivers. I have heard about this for a few years now. All the time it seems to be "Next Year". LOL

Banned
    i dont mean to hi jack but a sonicview premier and elite, they would go dark should wouldmt they.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast