Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    IKS66 Junior Member

CW800S displaying"STARTUP" "BOOT" and "Error 020" after loading Bin V2.66 - HELP

Hi all,
    I am desperately in need of some assistance.
    I am a newbie to FTA living in the Caribbean and recently took my CaptiveWorks CW800s straight from box (… I had for 2 years and just found the time to pursue this). Before doing anything I checked the related information and it was as shown below:
    H/W version : V1.00
    S/W version : V1.02
    Loader: V1.21 (32M)( R )
    Date: 05-10-2007

I tried loading Bin V2.66 via RS232 Null Modem Cable (Laptop/USB – Serial Adapter) and on completion and power up it does not boot properly and I am unable to access Menu system. The display is cycling between "STARTUP" , “BOOT” and “Error 020” . I tried to reload bin V.26 on a number of occasions but the process just stopped after completing a small percentage.

I have checked long and hard to find a fix before making this post and have found two suggestions.
    One requires the following Files:
    Factory Bin V1.02; Bin 1.91, Bin 1.93; Factory bin 1.03

The other requires Loader V1.03; Bin File V1.90, bin File V1.93;Bin File V1.95.

The difficulty I am having is twofold:
    1. Determining the correct fix to return receiver to normal and to configure accordingly.
    2. Assuming any of the two suggestion can work, finding Bin Files 1.90, 1.91 and 1.95.

I have been searching for these files for close to two weeks without any success at all.
    I already have both Factory Bin 1.02 and Factory Bin 1.03 and bin 1.93.

I am interested in receiving CHARLIE and will be using a Dongle which I already have
    The information that I am seeking is therefore :
    1. The correct Files and sequence of actions to fix the current problem AND configure for CHARLIE.
    2. Directions to get the appropriate files.
    Any assistance that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Factory file then 266 file is all that you need. Load both with a thumb drive. Be sure to factory reset after each file.