Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    IKS66 Junior Member

Lightbulb VS Extreme and VS Platinum Strange Behavior

Hi guys..

May be a dumb question.. I've looked for answers on this prob with no luck..
    I am having programming probs with VS Extreme and VS Platinum.
    On both units trying to install the proper bin files on each unit, to run RQ-SSSP client.. I get an error with zmodem..
    I can get and save files from STB to PC but can not send from PC to STB.. it keeps on trying but never writes to the STB "FAIL" error on both units everytime.

I am using a NULL modem (crossover) Cable.. SO i know thats not the issue other wise i wouldn't be able to get info from the stb to the pc.
    Is there something different that i need to do to send to STB that sending from the STB to PC does?? Kinda at a loss here..

Any insight would be appreciated..

J

If using a usb/serial adapter that needs to be setup with the proper driver and then also in device manager.

IKS66 Junior Member
    I am using a usb to serial adapter. I have the proper drivers and set up in device manager for that..

I bought this unit used and i think the guys had it running SSSP client with xfta routers.. could there be something burned out with the rs232 on both? i can read and write to my fortec with the same serial adapter and straight through cable for the fortec..