Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    IKS66 Member

97 west scrambled echostar channels with linear lnb?

I have a new linear lnb and trying to get fta on 97 west galaxy 19 but all channels are scrambled echostar channels. I am confused and there is no info anywhere about linear echostar channels. What am i doing wrong or what sat am i possibly hitting if not g 19? Feel like smashing my fta setup.

There are a ton of fta channels on 97.w mostly religious but there are fta channels there..

IKS66 Member
    All that i can get is nagrarision encrypted channels for some reason. There are 29 channels free and clear but they are just the dish logo. I am puzzled.

Donation setup correctly?

IKS66 Member
    Now i can get pentagon ch but nhk and russia today news show as pay channels. 97 west fta

IKS66 Member
    My bad i was on 101 west then found 91 west. I know you cant use circular lnb on fta but it looks like you can use linear lnb on bev. New to me. I found 93 west cctv channels but it has been pouring rain so i will try again later today for 97 west. I am using a 1000.4 dishnetwork dish with my linear lnb mounted on it vs the regular lnb's but it appears that i was tricked by some folks that claimed it was big enough and worked fantastic but i see that was wrong info for sure so i will be looking for a 39" dish. I have 66 but wanted to experiment with this fta finally. Thanks. ps i am in fort wayne indiana region.

Super Moderator
    101w used to carry the History channel and the Biography channel. Maybe 2 years ago they were taken off by Charlie
    (Charlie ownes the 101w sat)
    Most linear LNBs will work for Circular sats, long as their high frequency is high enough, which it is
    IKS66.com #1 IKS Private Server

-simple truth, rule #53
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

IKS66 Member
    Do you know if one is stronger than the other when it comes to 95 west vs 97 west? I see it is trickier aiming when the sats are closer together.

IKS66 Member
    Finally got it. I need to get that bigger dish but for now this is great. The best i can get is 31% signal with the 1000.4 dish.

Super Moderator
    good work taylor
    IKS66.com #1 IKS Private Server

-simple truth, rule #53
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.