Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IKS66 Junior Member

Jynxbox V6 black screen ASH

I have a Jynxbox HD V6 and the little screen it says ASH, the box only has a red light BLACK SCREEN does not turn on, I have read that I have to REVIVE IT I download the tools the loader, the Original software and the current firmware 4. I also have a USB cable that I connect the laptop to the box and this is the message that I get, see the picture bellow

REMEMBER my box does NOT TURN ON
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well how did you hook the usb/serial adapter to the receiver and did you get the driver for the adapter?

IKS66 Junior Member
    My serial cable is connected DB9 to jynxbox box, usb end to my laptop that is COM3, but according to the picture that I submited the laptop recognizes the loader on com23 am I wrong?
    Thanks

com ports MUST match. I take it you are using a usb to serial adapter. If yes the proper driver MUST be used.

Banned
    just my two 2 cents..

if ur using the usb to serial, try getting a straight rs232 cable. sometimes, the rs port on the usb-rs232 are null modem. I keeped trying with null modem cable until I switch it with a straight cable, and it worked.

Well that is not true, most if not all usb to serial adapters are not a null modem serial out put. The jb however is uses a straight through input.

he can try going into the device manager go to the universal serial bus controller and update the drivers then assign it a comport 3 or what ever you want

IKS66 Member
    I had the same problem some times ago. What I dd was deleted all my com ports and reinstalled it. Make sure you have the drivers installed on your laptop. I you're using windows xp you will have problems with it because xp is very buggy.

IKS66 Junior Member
    I have XP running and my laptop DOES NOT have serial ports, I am overseas and I bought this week on ebay a DINOSAUR for %40 plus shipping Toshiba Tecra 500CDT P120/16mb /1.3gb I remember I had one of this about 15 years ago and for flashing purposes were AWESOME

Your laptop has serial ports but not a external port. A usb to serial adapter can be used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast