Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IKS66 Junior Member

Need help here. Almost done just one last problem

I set up my old coolstat 6000 today for the first tome in YEARS. I loaded the RQ config and set all my new sub info into it. I then load it to the RQ client and I get what looks like a good connection. Its says

"Client READY---waiting for requests...."

According to the directions I should be all set at that piont but for some reason I am getting scramble channel on all channels. I have good signal 98% so I dont think thats my issue. Am I missing a step here guys?
    Im sorry I hate to ask but Im going on my 7th hour trying to do this without asking for too much help but I have given up. Any help would be awsome.

Serial cable may be the wrong one. If using a serial to usb adapter then that will need to be setup with a new driver. Changing the channels some times will do it.

IKS66 Junior Member
    I am using a usb to serial cable but it communicates with the receiver just fine. Ex. updating the firmware or updating channel list so I assumed the cable wast the problem.

Changing the receiver channels or the com port?

Im so close its killing me!!! I havnt tested in SO long Im getting so impatient.

Well ports MUST match in device manager but you say it connects.Is the com port in device manager setup(default is 9600 ) needs to be higher. 115200 comes to mind.

IKS66 Junior Member
    Thats a good question let me check.

IKS66 Junior Member
    Ok so Im so close. Now I get "Failed to obtain valid control words from server(s)" in the RQ client when changing channels?

The last line in the conf file MUST be correct. The protocal for coolsat selected?

IKS66 Junior Member
    Im embarrassed to say I dont know what any of that means. Im a real newb at this. Maybe you could elaborate or explain where I can make those changes? Thanks again I really appreciate your help

In a PM send me the last line of the conf file.li

IKS66 Junior Member
    PM sent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast