Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    IKS66 Member

129 sat hard to get on 1000.2 dish

I cant get above 50% with 1000.2 dish after playing with it a lot. Now i am using 1000.2 for 110 119 and using directv 18 dish and get a little better signal at 56% best. Is the 1000.2 a crappy dish that is to small? i am in northern Indiana. Previous homeowner had an eastern arc dish but we cant use them so i had to move the dish location due to so many trees here. My box is the dl5hd. Maybe no matter where i put it it has trees in the way? I know 129 is lowest elevation so i can guess that is a real possibility.

If you pre set the elevation and skew on the ground then aim you will get the best reception( very little tweaking needed) now go to dishpointer and see if that is the best you can do.

IKS66 Member
    I ordered a new meter on ebay as my antique 80's meter is flaky. I believe it is tree related as the signal bounces more than normal like a branch moving in the wind. Another thing i did was make a power inserter for my 1000.2 and that helped big time with that power hungry dish. I took an old laptop charger and wired a piece of coax to the end and fed it to lnb #1.