Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Banned

Elite picture in picture problem.

I was wondering. Do I need 2 servers to be running the same time for the pip feature to work on the sonic view elite.

It works great but when I want to use that feature picture in picture. ( watch 2 shows at the same time). The other channel doesn't work unless I switch over to the other channel.

I was thinking maybe I need 2 server for this since its 2 tuners.
    Last edited by martin117; 07-31-2014 at 10:43 PM.

Need two coax from the dish but Don't think a split screen happens so yes a change to the second channel needed.

Banned
    I do have 2 coax running from the lnb.
    The smaller screen (pip) just shows the blue background There's no picture in it its, like If its frozen or something. I would use either tuner and it does the same thing.

I could switch over and it shows the picture but same scenario on the small screen. No picture

I might just need another server to be running. I just don't know if anyone has had this problem.
    Last edited by martin117; 08-01-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Another server will not help and if memory serves me that receiver never worked right with two tuner setup.

Banned
    I see. I guess it's gonna be one of those things that is going to be left alone.

I love the feature that it does record any show while I'm watching another channel. That's very cool feature. I could even record two shows at a time but I have to be stuck watching either of those shows. I just wished this receiver would be HD. That would be kick ass.