Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scamble channel

IKS66 Junior Member
    Okay, got it going.

FYI... single works, never changed to ocs-dp. What was needed, in addition to the desiqc changes you provided, was more power. After putting a power inserter on the line, I re-scanned 110 and got signal. 119 is still re-scanning now, but I can see there's a vast difference in what I'll be getting. Apparently the Dreamlink T5 provides less power back to the LNB than what I had been using.

Thank you!

The 1000.2 dish REQUIRES the setting of ocs-dp and the power inserter only helps to change channels. When you do not have all the channels that you should make the change. About 1400 channels between the three sats.

IKS66 Junior Member
    Okay, thanks, will change. Appreciate your patience.

IKS66 Junior Member
    Still have issues:

- channel will work, then just stop or freeze (example 9483)
    - SUPER SLOW tuning (will say Bad or No Signal), then will tune after 20 seconds (timed it)
    - many channels Bad or No Signal and just never tune (example 9578, 9588 and many many more)

I have power inserter directly on line and it does help (things are worse without it). What else can be done? Is it the provider, 66?

were you able to fix the problem?

IKS66 Junior Member
    Sorry for slow reply. Many hours spent on this in past months.

Settings are for 1000.2

110: OSC-DP, desiqc 1.0 = 2
    119: OSC-DP, desiqc 1.0 = 1
    129: OSC-DP, desiqc 1.0 = 3

Aiming has been verified by covering two LNBs with foil and checking signal strength on each sat individually using vip622.
    Two different sets of 1000.2 & LNBs have been tested and issues continue.

VIP622 works fine and is kept connected to one COAX at all times to supply sufficient power back to the LNBs.

But new dreamlink t5 has the below issues:

- When looking at 129, wrong sat will show up - either 119 or 110. If foil is placed over the 129 LNB, wrong sat STILL shows even though LNB (3) is covered! The only way to scan 129 successfully is to cover the 119 & 110 LNBs with foil, then 129 will lock in.
    - On 119, no HD channels, including no locals in the 6400s
    - On 110, no HD channels
    - Misc other missing channels
    - No sound on any music channels on any sats

DL100 module has been swapped out but same issues persist.

Tried scanning for individual missing transponders. Always careful to do factory reset and start from scratch as each new idea is tested.

Very frustrating. Could the tuner in the T5 be bad?

IKS66 Junior Member
    Very weird, I am running a 1000.2 into DPP44 into a T5 without the issues you are experiencing.

Couple of questions on the dish setup when you select 129 and you get either a 110 or 119 identification what color and the S and Q bars? (blue is good , red is bad)

What is the LNB Freq you are using?

You have tried a couple of setups, but will ask anyway is the LNB arm straight and the dish frame in good shape and correctly assembled?

Until you get to a point where the receiver identifies 129 when 129 is selected nothing else will work as it should.

funny my vip622 needs power or wont work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12