Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PVR features

IKS66 Junior Member

PVR features

I'm researching into the best PVR STB and have seen countless suggestions for the Dreamlink T5. My prior days with FTA had me expecting to find a STB with a dual tuner to achieve my desires. I would like to know if it is possible to record one channel while watching another?

This is the closest I can come to an answer from reading the PVR features on product information/listing:

Timeshift and Live recording or playback simultaneously, powerful trick mode

What can I expect for PVR capabilities?

Thanks for your time

Single tuner = watch what you record.
    Last edited by Sammy; 04-15-2014 at 02:17 PM.

IKS66 Member
    The only PVR that does that is the dual Tuner Jynkbox. It has the capability of using two modules. Of course you have to feed it with two inputs. I have one of these and it works quite well.

Banned
    Jynxbox V4+ is it good for dual tuner.

IKS66 Member
    Yes it is, but keep in mind that is you are using it you do need to feed it twice. You should be using a power inserter. I also have a laptop cooler on mine to keep the heat down when using two tuners.

Banned
    very nice, also, did you have problems with the remote, I bought one but the remote wouldn't work, so I went back and exchanged it for the Dreamlink T5.
    that happen about a month ago.

IKS66 Member
    I didn't know that you no longer had it. I still have the Jynxbox and I also have the Dreamlink T4. I like the PVR in the Dreamlink and I also think that the HD is better. I use the Linxbox during football season really.

Banned
    I return it because the remote wouldn't work, but later after researching, I learn it had the dual tuner capabilities, so it got me interested in it again. im planning to buy it tomorrow, the shop was close on Friday. I should have keep it but I didn't know about the box capabilities.

The T5 dreamlink is the closes thing to the legit subscription. the linxbox, does it use a hub or how does it work with Ethernet?

im still learning of about this "fta"

IKS66 Member
    The Lynxbox does have built in WiFi. It also can be hardwired. As far as the "Legit" thing goes.... I may be wrong but I believe both of them need a P$ to get anything substantial in the northern hemisphere. I don't know what you want to watch, just sayin. If you really mean "Free To Air" in its strictest sense, then yes you are right.

Banned
    With the Jynxbox, I want to pick up 110, 119 & 129 Sat. on Charlie sats. Im gonna get another P$ separate then the Dreamlink im using.

on the legit box, I was looking for a place or menu on where to enter P$ info, but I couldn't find it, maybe reflashing it would work but the box would be perfect, it has the hard drive integrated already unlike the jynxbox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast