Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Check out my 1000.2 dish lnb mounted on my slimline direct tv dish! Works great!

mounted my dish 1000.2 lnb head onto my way bigger slimline direct tv dish, works great get every channel now. the small dish 1000.2 was giving me problems picking up channels so i did a little research and its easy to do. IMG_1519.jpgIMG_1520.jpg
    Last edited by chevy85; 04-20-2014 at 06:13 PM. Reason: made the image larger

IKS66 Senior Member
    That looks good. May have to go the flea mkt and look around for a slimline.

what i did to get a dish network dish was go to a run down apartment complex and just ride around theres dishes everywhere no being used.. look at where the line goes to and if the unit is vacant you can take the dish.. ask the maintenance man if your worried.. or if you see multiple dishes knock on the door.. and ask if there using the dish most likely they will say no you can have it.. i saw the maintenance man working in a complex told him my dish broke and if he knew any vancancy with a dish i could grab.. he showed me one and told me to remove it all.. when someone moves out dish or direct tv dont go get there dishes back..

IKS66 Member
    How did you attach the LNB housing to the DTV dish arm?

where the arm starts to widen i just cut off the widened part, made sure it was striaight with a square and used direct tv arm shortened with 2 holes drilled and put dish lnb and casing onto direct tv arm..

IKS66 Junior Member
    I know this thread is old but I need to do this as well.

I have a slimline dish on my new house. I have the 1000.2 dish but I lost the mount bracket (I was using on a tripod)

The bracket for the slimline will not fit the dn 1000.2 dish.

So instead of buying new hardware I would like to do this.

You can confirm that you get line of site to the 3 dn says using this setup?

If so what are the mesurements and modifications needed to get this setup?

Read through "this old" thread and it will become clear. Line of site is up to you, got to dishpointer.com for a look see.
    Last edited by Sammy; 04-05-2015 at 06:37 PM.