Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    IKS66 Junior Member

linkbox 8000hd plus can not connect to server

Hi. I have everything set up then when i go to set up the server I input the infp from the donation but it wont connect to server it just blinks and stays the same.
    I tried doing by wifi & from the moden and router I tried doing a reboot but nothing. I got good internet and satellite signals.
    Any help would be greatly apprecciated
    Thans

IKS66 Junior Member
    Are you trying to connect with the wireless wifi? If you're using the URL server address, ping it and use the IP from the command prompt and make sure the line above server adderess is on numbers not string.
    Have you got a lock on any satellites?
    Recheck all info you put in. On the DES key you should have 1234, 7 times. If it requires 32 numbers, put zeroes in the last 4 spaces.
    Last edited by alwatches; 02-21-2014 at 09:01 PM.

IKS66 Junior Member
    Hi alwatches and thanks for your help . I was trying to do it wireless but then I was told that I had a better chancedoing it with an ethernet cable from the moden or router and thats what i have been trying to do. The des key that i got with the donation was 6103403445406970987123412134 .And Ido have all the satellites locked. as far as your instructions please excuse my ignorance but I'm not very computer literate and i don't understand what you are telling me.
    Thanks again for helping me.

I Love IKS66
    C/P Vasya

-please make You sure all your setting are correct
    -Make sure the ethernet cable its not plug in or that you are not connected by wifi either
    -load the latest file and make sure its the one for your receiver
    - do a factory reset
    -reboot unit by turning unit off from the back
    -turn unit on and go to menu,select your sattelites first exit, then go dish setting
    -Scan your satellites one by one and make sure you have signal before scanning (change TP's to check signal)
    -make sure network search channels its set to OFF
    -do NORMAL scan
    -you should be able to scan with out any problems
    -now do all your normal setup settings,day, time ,etc
    -connect the enthernet cable or wifi
    -go to tools, hit 8282, you will see a hidden menu
    -enter a server info
    -connect

Network Server (should look like this)

Network server ------------------------------------------------ New cam
    network client ID -----------------------------------------------GENERIC
    Network list ------------------------------------------------------
    URL Type ------------------------------------------------------server name or ip #
    Port[Multi] -----------------------------------------------------port # the two ports should be the same
    User -------------------------------------------------------- ---given
    Password--------------------------------------------------------given
    Key data -----------------------------------------------------01234567890123456789012345670000(normal keys other wise put the ones given to you)

should be connected

exit out and select a working channel and wait for screen to come on
    If after a while you are still waiting to get connected do a hard reboot and wait about 10 sec to turn unit back ON