Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Direct TV Swim, Direct LNB, DIsh Switch, power with swim

my setup is a dish 1000.2 plus with a direct tv swim power supply to supply the internal swith in the dish 1000.2. I also have a slimline direct tv standard lnb dish hooked up next to it. Its signal goes into the LNB port on the 1000.2 plus lnb dish network dish. I have a pansat and get just about all the channels for dish.. except the mpeg 4 ones.. i get 110,119,129,61.5,148,157,121, signals from that hookup. The lnb on the direct tv is a 22khz tone and it runs straight through the dish 1000.2. I have a couple of new jynxbox recievers on there way. This is just to let people know u can power your dish 1000.2 or 4 with a direct tv swim power supply.. You dont need that big dp44 expensive switcher.. You can have 3 connections from the 1000.2 and a lnb in for another dish. which mines a direct tv slimline with standard lnb 3 signal legacy head.. not swim. its a 22khz toner. the 1000.4 will get all signals and all you need to power is a direct tv swim power supply which are very cheap and you can have 4 recievers off of that dish... it just uses 1 swim power supply for the internal switch, it takes the highest power and uses that.. i havent been able to ever find anything about it but my bro worked for direct tv for along time and said there the same thing and ive been running it for a day now on my peice of crap pansat with no probs.. get so many channels on this old reciever. cant wait for my new recievers..
    Last edited by ChrisBreezy; 02-15-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Just to let you know that the dn power inserter cost about 20 dollars and no need for the switch.

yea i have 3 direct swims power inserters in the garage.. direct tv in america is the dominant carrier.. so if people have a inserter they can use it for them they can use it, all i was stating. . and i know u dont need the switch.. im very new to this man.. like about two weeks ago i found out about iks.. bout a week ago i got a route bout 5 days ago i got direct legacy reciever working about 2 days ago got a dish network 1000.2 setup and yesterday got them both setup and hooked up together. i was just proud of myself.. i knew nothing of satellites,. fta, iks, anything 2 weeks ago. luckily my bro had a birdog sat finder and told me how to get a dish.. he has work.. im waiting for surgery I have a torn acl and mcl in my left knee.. happened a few months back but had to wait awhile to get everything approved, i can walk and run easily just gotta be careful how i step, no jumping or twisting or cutting.. getting surgery soon.. ive had alot of free time so i dove head first into this. well anyways thanks guys and have a wonderful day

Thats what testing is all about. Glad you are up and walking now.

IKS66 Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbrown View Post
    yea i have 3 direct swims power inserters in the garage.. direct tv in america is the dominant carrier.. so if people have a inserter they can use it for them they can use it, all i was stating. . and i know u dont need the switch.. im very new to this man.. like about two weeks ago i found out about iks.. bout a week ago i got a route bout 5 days ago i got direct legacy reciever working about 2 days ago got a dish network 1000.2 setup and yesterday got them both setup and hooked up together. i was just proud of myself.. i knew nothing of satellites,. fta, iks, anything 2 weeks ago. luckily my bro had a birdog sat finder and told me how to get a dish.. he has work.. im waiting for surgery I have a torn acl and mcl in my left knee.. happened a few months back but had to wait awhile to get everything approved, i can walk and run easily just gotta be careful how i step, no jumping or twisting or cutting.. getting surgery soon.. ive had alot of free time so i dove head first into this. well anyways thanks guys and have a wonderful day

Just curious about how you got DTV legacy receiver working?

settings 11250, 22khz on, no disc.. it jusr sends s 22khz tone to the lnb to do the switching it need either no or very little power.. i hooked up into lnb port on hd dish 1000.2... which combines the signals baically its a pass through.. if u got one.. ping it out at 119, and 110 for echo.. and hook it up you dont need power for that... 22khz tone does the switching. the damn sat finder got quality by itself...

o sorry i meant legacy lnb.. not reciever.. sorry for the confusion