Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Pvr

IKS66 Junior Member

Pvr

I have what may be a dumb question. I have a CNX duo. I took a new WD 250mb IDE out of the box and put it in a usb 2.0 external enclosure. When I connect it to the duo, I see the C Drive. However the CNX hangs when I try to write anything to the drive or do anything to it. I formatted it with FAT32 using windows. The drive works with any jumper settings on the drive (master,single,cable select), but I get a message checking usb on the CNX. I even tried to reformat it with the CNX, and it hangs at 0%. any ideas? Thanks!

Super Moderator
    use the USB port that's at the rear of the receiver. Set the receiver so it is seeing the rear port.
    IKS66.com #1 IKS Private Server

-simple truth, rule #53
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

IKS66 Junior Member
    Did use the rear port.The CNX sees C:\ and any files I have on it. Apparently the issue is writing files to the disk or actually recording.If you try to record, you get a blue screen that says checking USB port,and it stays that way unless you reboot the CNX from the back switch.

Super Moderator
    sounds like a formating issue. Do you have the swissknife formatting tool ?
    That drive ain't that big and windows shoul;d have done the job, but I'd try that swissknife next.
    CNX Duo does good with recording and playback, so it's not the CNX or at least not an inherited issue.
    IKS66.com #1 IKS Private Server

-simple truth, rule #53
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

IKS66 Junior Member
    Tried swiss knife,even tried cluster size of 32. I put some jpg files on with the pc and the cnx displays the jpg fine. However when I hit record, the blue screen please wait.....checking usb. It never comes off this screen. The drive activity light stays on.

IKS66 Junior Member
    Some enclosures don't work very well for PVR usage because the drive continually goes in sleep mode and needs to be woken up every time it's accessed. I've seen this problem before. Not sure if this is what is causing your issue but it very well could be.