Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

I need Help! Setting up new box.

Please can someone help me to set up my new box! I have been trying to set this up for 3 weeks now and cant get any picture or sound , it looks like I'm getting the signal because it will show the details of the channel but I go to the server and it shows disconnected, I have even run a ethernet cable across my room and tried it hard wired, I had a Coolsat and it would work fine but no HD so I purchased a linkbox with wifi and have followed every info I found on the web but cant get a channel to come in. I have flashed the new factory file and ran the new bin on this site but still no picture, it is very confusing because I dont know if I'm loading the files right or not like if I load main code or all files with boot loader or just all files etc. Can anyone please help me step by step set this stupid thing up right????????

Super Moderator
    load all the SW files as ... 'all files+boot'

How did you save the server info as you entered it ?
    IKS66.com #1 IKS Private Server

-simple truth, rule #53
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

I did not know how to save it, do you hit the copy button? if so then what?

Super Moderator
    after entering the Des key hit the Connect option.

Set server setting as Newcamd and as Generic

-simple truth, rule #53

yes that is what I have been doing but I still get the message server disconnected under the connect tab.

Do I have to make another donation id I no longer are using my coolsat? I am using that info to setup my new Linkbox. I have wrote the newest factory file from linkboxes web site and then loaded the newest bin from the linkbox local download section but I dont think I told it to write the bootloader, I believe that I just told it to write all files and then did a reset and then got my sat. saved and made sure I got good signal before doing a normal scan, got my channels loaded and then tried to setup the server and this is where I am, I dont belive I'm connected but I dont understand why I can get all the channel info and time remaining and whats on next if I'm not connected. Could it be that I didnt load the bootloader this time that is messing me up?

Super Moderator
    prolly the boot load thing is not effecting things, but it can and if it does it usually is with the database that things get messed up (usually over time thou)...
    What you see as far as channel info and such is coming freom the satalitte thru the dish and not from the server.
    I'd reload that last file as boot and the reset again and go from there.
    You'll have to prolly redo your server settings after too.

*as long as the coolsat RQ program has been turned off, then that part of it is okay.

-simple truth, rule #53