Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

2 Receiver's, 2 diseq switch's, 1 dish

2 Receiver's, 2 diseq switch's, 1 dish , The one stb switch's over just fine but the other stb will only see signal on one of the two sats ( 119 & 110 ) , signal ok on 110 , no on 119 ? What's up ?
    Last edited by mean1; 11-06-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Show us how you Wired both Switches..

mem..

Have 2 single lnb's , each lnb has 2 outlet's . Bird's at 110 & 119 . Downstairs stb we have 1 cable from 110 & 1 cable from 119 , both coming into the house to where the disq switch is . The switch has 4 ports , 110 is at port # 2 and 119 is at port # 4 ( HD downstairs also using port # 3 for 129 and port # 1 is for bev , 82 ) The HD stb downstairs has no issue's at all . Going back to the same , main dish for 110 & 119 , the same set up , 1 cable from 110 & 1 cable from 119 , both coming into the house to where the disq switch is , for the upstairs stb . 110 is at port # 3 and 119 is at port # 2 ( Ya , I know , that's alot of cable ) , It's strange , somtime channel 101 will come in witch is 119 bird but for the most , 119 on port # 2 has no signal . But 110 on port # 3 has good signal . We havnt been using the upstairs stb till just recently , but earlyer in the year when we were using it , I remember having the same issue and I think if I played with the downstairs stb , putting it on different or same channel ( cant remember ) We would get a signal on 119 on the upstairs stb ? Havnt changed to anyother ports as of yet ( the upstairs switch is in the craw space and hard to get to ) I know , I need to move it . But any way , was wondering what would be the problem ? Did some short research an found another person that had the same problem but thread ended without a answer . Hope this helps so that I can norrow my search for what needs tobe done . Thanks
    Last edited by mean1; 11-08-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Have 2 single lnb's , each lnb has 2 outlet's . Bird's at 110 & 119

So you have 2 Dishes for 110/119 and Only 1 Cable Coming From Each LNB !!!

Thats Gonna BE An Issue if your Using Legacy LNB's as You would need 2 Cables coming from each LNB as you will Need to Provide a Separate H and V Signal. .

Can you Identify the LNB's and Dishes you are Using ?..

May Be a Pain I know but it's a little confusing trying to work this out..

mem..

No , 1 dish with 2 lnbs ( 2 single ) , the 110 lnb has 2 cables coming out of it , 1 cable goin downstairs and other goin upstairs and the same for 119 , 2 cables coming out , 1 downstrairs an other upstairs , Each has its own diseq switch . Saturday we tried take the upstairs , 119 cable from port # 2 and moving it to port # 1 and still no signal , Q & S both have nothing . Guess my next step is to take 119 cable and by-pass the switch an go str8 to stb , not unless you ( mem ) know what we're doin wrong ? All the lnbs we have are all single lnbs ( we do have a 500 , but not being used ) > guess we could hook that one up an figure out the settings but dont want to add to the dish farm , lol

Ahh Ok..

So 2 Cables from Each LNB..

Well There Should Not Be any Conflict Between the 2 Systems if they are Feeding off their Own Cables...

If as you say the Wiring is :

2 Cables from 82 One to Switch 1 and the Other to Switch 2 [Port 1]
    2 Cables from 119 One to Switch 1 and the Other to Switch 2 [Port 2]
    2 Cables from 129 One to Switch 1 and the Other to Switch 2 [Port 3]
    2 Cables from 110 One to Switch 1 and the Other to Switch 2 [Port 4]

Unless there is a Major Wiring Issue I really can't think what may be causing the Issue..

Check all Cabling between the LNB's and the Switches and All cables from the Switch to the Receivers..

If One Receiver affects the Other then maybe there is a Wiring Mixup somewhere in the Mix..

What Diseq switches are you using ?.

Mem..

Yes , but only one cable from 82 and one cable from 129 , each is a single lnb and each has it's own dish as the downstairs stb is HD , so no need for 2 out of each on 82 & 129 . The upstrairs stb is SD only ( no HD ) , Yes , on downstairs 82 go's to downstairs diseq switch [ port # 1 ] and 129 to [ port # 3 ] and then on one dish that has two single lnb's for 110 & 119 , Yes two cable's leave each [ the 110 & 119 ] . The 110 lnb has two cable's leaving , one to HD stb downstairs an other to upstairs stb , donwnstairs 110 to [ port # 2 ] and 110 upstairs ( on it's own diseq switch of course ) to [ port # 3 ] . The 119 lnb has two cable's leaving , one to HD stb downstairs an other to upstairs stb , donwnstairs 119 to [ port # 4 ] and 119 upstairs to [ port # 2 ] witch on saturday changed to [ port # 1 ] and still no Q or S on 119 upstairs . Never really looked at the spec or info on any of all these single lnb's . We have moved them all around in the past when took all dish farm's down and relocated them to new area . I wouldnt think there is any differance to all of them for they all had worked an got Q & S for 61,5,82,91,110,119 & 129 . Even had swoped them from one dish to another when had bad storm an a couple got knocked down by tree and thought one of the lnb's got damaged but it was just hard to relocate 129 ( wobble/ low bird ) . All seem to be okay . Going to try and by-pass upstairs diseq an get back to you . Dam dish farm , lol . Thanks for taken the time . Peace and Happy Testing

Yeah Check for Signal Directly off Each Dish and then if they are OK maybe a Bad Switch (They Can Blow Quite easily if you short them out. The More Expensive ones tend to have more Buffering to protect them from shorts and Power Surges).

Keep us in the Loop..

Mem..

Should have known that when there was no Q & no S we had an open but that's just part of the problem .By passed the switch and 101 back on . Those cheap twist on's lost it's ground , was coming apart . Now with 110 on port # 2 , witch work's fine , no matter what other port we tried [ #1,3,&4] , 119 had no signal but if we put 119 in port # 2 [witch is where 110 has been parked all along] and now we put 110 in port # 4 , now the diseq switch is changing , weard , but we noticed that 119 on port 2 the signal look's a little lower on signal strenth , there is alot of lenght with both 110 & 119 , both about equal in lenght . Just seem's that 119 is on the low side but then our skew is off a little an 119 has alway's been about 50% and 110 bout 90% , on the downstrairs stb . Now that we have 119 in were 110 was [ in port # 2 ] 119 is at about 1/3of the way on strength . Look n like he switch has gone south onus . Will have to get a 9 volt bat out an test the switch . Speaking of , looks like we'll be in need of a 22khz switch to try the on/off trick to have 5 lnbs on 4x1 switch . Can we get this switch at a local big box store ? And or where or what other , better diseq switch ( D34 ? ). Should get 2 of each .
    Last edited by mean1; 11-13-2013 at 01:08 AM.