Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    IKS66 Member

updating transponders

went through the forums and I was trying to find out how to update the my transponders for viewsat max I got a whole bunch of dead channels and thought there was a way of cleaning some of them up before scanning the sats thanks in advance

IKS66 Member
    read on another site is to just delete all the transponders but the first one and rescan the channels just wondering does that sound right

Super Moderator
    you need transponders in order to scan channels. Each transponder will carry anywhere from 10 to 30 channels. If you only have one transponder to scan, then you'd only get it's 10 or 20 channels and no others

You will get 'dead' channels no matter how you scan. With the HD receiver you'd want to scan all available TPs from any given sat, with the exception of the Spot Beam TPs. You could delete them ones. But again, that doesn't necassarly mean you would not still scan some 'clutter' and still see dead channels in your EPG
    The auto TP is another way that you get 'dead' channels.
    If viewsat has a good channel editor program, then you can see the 'clutter' usually by the PID values or if they scan in as FTA channels, when they actually should not be. Otherwise, you'd delete each thru the onboard channel editor/manager that your viewsat has, onboard.

Spot Beam are the TPs that you don't want.
    ConUS Beam TPs or other general area TPs are the ones you do want.
    As said thou, some channels can still get their clutter scanned in even if the TP isn't scanned. I once scanned 91w nimiq6 transponder thru a linear 93w transponder value while pointing at 91w.
    In the end, you'd want to know what channels are no good and then manually delete them, weather thru an Editor program or an editor onboard your receiver's menus
    Last edited by thunderstruck; 10-17-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    IKS66.com #1 IKS Private Server

-simple truth, rule #53
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

IKS66 Member
    thanks I just wanted to check before screwing it all up