Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    IKS66 Junior Member

Question Sat 119W with IKS66

Hello, I am using a dishpro dish and dish pro lnb with 2 ports for two Tv's with iks66, and a Dreambox dm100 on sat 119w I get good signal and well as quality. I set the settings for the built in switch and the EPG loads but no picture comes in. On sat 110w the picture comes in just fine. seem to only have the issue when trying to get from 119W. I would think it was my alignment if it wasn't for the picture strength and quality showing I am aligned. I am lost, any help would be so appreciated.

It's been a really long time since I used a dm100 but they do not like the dual dp lnbs much. Think I remember the trick was to scan each sat separately and maybe changing the lnb frequency a little to help. Thunderstruck should remember better than me- his brain cells seem to have aged better :P

Do also remember that even with tricks applied there were some channels with my setup (dual with dp34) that never came in.

IKS66 Junior Member
    I am teaching myself as I go and the DM100 was cheap to be honest. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a receiver not knowing if I would be able to figure it out. would you have a suggestion on a receiver? I was looking at the DM500 units. I have SD tvs so I do not need the HD options, wouldn't mind a PVR or DVR feature though and something that is fairly easy to upload files. thank you for all your help. I also wondered if maybe hooking the dual LNBs up to a Dscq or multi switch might help out some?

Super Moderator
    The DM100 is not the most user friendly when it comes to scanning and etc... Hard to say why the 119w doesn't come in thou. Maybe it's reading the 110w signal?
    When you say the EPG populates, do you mean that the actual 119w channel names will show up

The DM500 is a whole different animal compared to the DM100
    The DM500 would need some research and lots of trial and error to get it all working correctly. It is a great box but not one to teach yourself with.

The Dreamlink T4 is a good receiver and easy to setup and etc..
    It's an SD receiver but with the added ability to view MPEG4 channel content.
    IKS66.com #1 IKS Private Server

-simple truth, rule #53
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

IKS66 Junior Member
    I am very sure it is double scanning 110W, I think its the whole built in switch thing with the DP dual lnb. No matter what settings I use for the built it switch it seem to only use one lnb that I have lock in on 110W. as far as the guide I get fragments of a guide. have to go to a channel and let it sit and it will show a few items for a few channels. I understand now that part is because I am using the DM100 and I am not stressing over the guide issue. will make a good receiver for a bed room lol. I will check in to the Dreamlink T4 , thank u and Blessed be.

IKS66 Junior Member
    Thanks to everyone that helped me out, I purchased a sw21 switch and used the sw21 settings and I am now locked into 119w and 110W but sadly everything is down for me and I am not sure why. I have rebooted and was even sent a new Route. arggh!!! lol