Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    IKS66 Junior Member

CNX DUO Question

I have an upgraded CNX Duo and am using a legacy twin LNB (2 LNB is one housing). there are 2 cable connections, each of which I am told is used for 2 different receivers and there is a SW42 built in to control it. However, on IKS66, I only see the 119 satellite which works perfectly. However, the 110 don't come in at all. This also happenes on our Viewsat Ultra. I set the switches to SW42 one satellite port 1 the other port 2. and 11250 transponder on the CNX Duo. Any ideas? I tried changing the LNB's to another of the same type. These are not DP or DPP LNB's. Please Help. Thanks!

P.S. also posting in ViewSat

IKS66 Junior Member
    Hello, This is what i would do, first verify that your dish is receiving 110 it may of moved. Next try bypassing the internal SW and run the 110 feed directly to the receiver and 119 not hooked up also when cking be on port 2 in the receiver. If at that point you have signal make sure you have channels you may have to scan for channels. Please always reply back with your results in the forum so others can learn from you. Thanks J.Y.D.
    Last edited by junkyardog; 07-07-2013 at 01:26 AM.

IKS66 Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by junkyardog View Post
    Hello, This is what i would do, first verify that your dish is receiving 110 it may of moved. Next try bypassing the internal SW and run the 110 feed directly to the receiver and 119 not hooked up also when cking be on port 2 in the receiver. If at that point you have signal make sure you have channels you may have to scan for channels. Please always reply back with your results in the forum so others can learn from you. Thanks J.Y.D.
    Thanks...but how do I bypass the internal switch. There are 2 connectors for 2 receivers. This is what it looks like:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISH-Network...item43bd854ed1

Thanks!

IKS66 Junior Member
    The only way i know to by pass it is to go to receiver setting and setup for single lnb no sw port2use only one receiver disconnect the other one for now. Now on dp and dpp you can hook a external sw21 up with two coax one from each side of lnb. Your other option would be re-point the legacy twin and put the 110 side on 119 and see if it receives signal. Should not be to hard just loosen pole mount bolts only and move left a little. Dou will id when your there, single lnb port2 119 setting. Do you have a duel lnb sat metter?
    Last edited by junkyardog; 07-08-2013 at 12:20 AM.

IKS66 Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by junkyardog View Post
    The only way i know to by pass it is to go to receiver setting and setup for single lnb no sw port2use only one receiver disconnect the other one for now. Now on dp and dpp you can hook a external sw21 up with two coax one from each side of lnb. Your other option would be re-point the legacy twin and put the 110 side on 119 and see if it receives signal. Should not be to hard just loosen pole mount bolts only and move left a little. Dou will id when your there, single lnb port2 119 setting. Do you have a duel lnb sat metter?
    Have single sat meter, didn't realize there is a dual. Also tried replacing LNB with DPP LNB with same result, no 110. Tried with legacy twin and DPP switching wires, but both wires are only providing 119. Should I be using a SW21 with the DPP? Or should the duo get both sats from one coax if it is pointed properly?

IKS66 Junior Member
    Hello again, My work regulates my response time and i do believe that we will solve the problems in your system. Q1 no any sat meter is fine. Q2 no sw21 at this time. Yes the cnx duo will receive everything you want to receive. Did you disconnect the second receiver from your system? If not you need to do that so we can work the problem solving using only the cnx. Remember to unplug A/C power on BOTH receivers before disconcerting lnb cable from the back of any receiver. Please leave the cnx hooked up and after your second receiver is discounted, disconnect that cable from lnb for that receiver. Now plug the cnx a/c power in and confirm you still are receiving 119. Summery of process to chk your system will be chking feed lines from dish. chking lnb. If necessary chking b+ 18v/13v lnb power. Let me know what lnb is being used leg or ddp at this time. J.Y.D.
    Last edited by junkyardog; 07-14-2013 at 10:09 PM.

IKS66 Junior Member
    I have an old CNX Duo. Can it still be used, or is it junk now?