Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering

Just wondering

I own a few Nfusions now (Pheonix, Nova, Solaris, Nfusion HD) but I found my Coolsat 5000 platinum in my garage and was wondering is it a doorstop or it has some life left in it? i do true fta with one of my nfusions and like to add one more truefta box, and maybe with one of my IKS servers.

Thank you

Super Moderator
    that coolsat 5000 was able to do IKS (ICS) before many receivers even knew that IKS was a possibility. So yes it can do 'IKS servers'.
    It can also do true fta and the coolsat 5000 is one of the better ones to do that as well

Thank you!!

I still have a coolsat 6000 premium and a 7100 micro pvr I am assuming they will work with IKS?

The coolsat will don't know about the micro.

Super Moderator
    not the CS 7100, nope.
    The CS 4000, 5000 and 6000 only will work with P$

It's kinda ironic cause if any remember, coolsat stopped support for the 4k and 5k and 6k when they released newer receivers (like the 7100).
    Now the only coolsats that will work thru any P$ server are them 3 models (4k, 5k, 6k).
    Reason for that is cause the source code for them 3 models was released many years ago. That made it possible to write a bin and a RQ program for them.

Charlie prolly has the source code for them other coolsat models
    IKS66.com #1 IKS Private Server

-simple truth, rule #53
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Now I wonder where my 4000 went? that is sad because I really liked the CS7100 with the pvr. well at least I still have the 6000.
    Thanks again.

Found my 4000 yesterday as well as a dish turbo with 110-119-129 lnbs with built in switch, I'm almost ready to get started going to be mounting the dish today and running some cables. woo hoo.
    looking forward to trying this equipment out.
    I will have a few more questions I am sure but once I get it going I look forward to helping others.
    Alcu.

Super Moderator
    looking forward to reading your results Alcu
    IKS66.com #1 IKS Private Server

-simple truth, rule #53
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Dish is up, cables installed to the 4000 and 6000 factory bins etc installed, I will be working on getting the AZ, El, and Skew correct today in order to get all 3 birds..
    Still waiting on an adapter 15pin to 9 pin to connect laptop to receiver so I do not need to move one of my desktops around., hmmm wondering if a S-video cable would work to connect? or should I be using an Ethernet cable to connect laptop to receiver for access?
    Anyway looking forward to trying the service as soon as everything is completely set up and ready.

Thanks again.
    Alcu.
    Last edited by Alcu; 09-02-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast