Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    I Love IKS66

Freesat to ilink 9600 hd Conversion

C/P Leesat

If you have a Freesat HD and you want to do the conversion to a Ilink 9600 you need to load the virgin bin first. If you buy a brand new one you wont have to load the virgin bin.
    Virgin bin file is at the bottom of this thread.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Simple and easy way to convert your new Freesat 800HD to a better running i-link 9600hd.

I've done this on a new Freesat 800hd and it runs much better than the freesat bins.

Just take your new Freesat 800hd and load the latest i-link 9600 bin.

Once loaded and it reboots, it will have then menu and functionality of the i-link 9600!

It runs much better than using the Freesat bins as I always had to reboot the freesat bins here and there.....as the freesat bins are famous for locking up etc.

I have been running on the ilink 9600 bin for over a week without a glitch

Highly recommended!

I am not sure if this will work on a freesat that already has a freesat bin loaded, but if you have a new box, I would recommend using the newest ilink 9600 bin instead

Works great

Now you don't need to buy a more expensive i-link 9600, just get a freesat and load up the ilink 9600 bin

Only drawback is that the front channel display does not work with the ilink bin, but honestly it runs much better.

I hope this helps!
    Attached Files Attached Files