Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    IKS66 Junior Member

sv8000hd works with charlie 1000+ 3 lnb dish ?

trying to get my sv 8000hd with 8psk up and working again, switched from F*SH got very unreliable, just got a 3 lnb dish given me, my old dish setups were 10 years old and falling apart. i understand only one cable is required to each box. i only use one so it should be a simple conversion.....you would think.... i ran a single cable from one connection on the first lnb direct to the sv8000hd if i connect the cable to the box it makes the screen go black and the box freezes. if i leave the cable off and power the box on it works normally. this makes me think that this dish and 3 lnb,s may not be compatible with my sonicview 8000hd .....any advice from a knowledgeable member would be greatly appreciated.

IKS66 Junior Member
    thanks for all the suggestions and help guys! i decided to get the adaptor and just use the oval dish. i fitted 3 new single lnb,s with a diseqc 4 into 1, also have a separate dish pointing to 97w. aimed the lnb,s at the correct angle and elevation and have strong signal and quality. nice hd pictures. now all i have to do is get rid of 2 sets of dn 1000.2 lnb,s and a new dp44 switch and power inserter , and a second sv8000hd box with dongle and 8psk board....or maybe keep them just in case......