PDA

View Full Version : Freezing on new MAG 254 with beta FTA66 IPTV service

tele4me
02-25-2015, 02:40 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am hoping one of our guru's of the new IPTV service may be able to assist myself.

I purchased a MAG 254 from the manufacture and I am experiencing the following two issues very frequently:

1. Freezing - mainly on all US type programming
2. Video stops all together on various channels sporadically and then black screen - I then I must exit and go back in to resume video.

Both issues were experienced on the factory image that was shipped with the MAG and also on the latest image.

I have read others have freezing as well. I also have a friend who purchased a MAG 254 and is also testing during this beta period and is also experiencing the exact same issues. We do not live in the same City and are using different service providers.

Both of our Internet services are decent. 50+ Mbps download with 10Mbps up - unlimited usage for myself.

I should note that I have not experienced any issues yet with the Video hub but need to test it further.

Are these known issues with the beta program? How many others are experiencing this? Is there a period of time throughout the day when testing is recommended?

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hoping to resolve these issues so that I can move forward with full programming in the near future with IKS66.

Cheers!

thunderstruck
02-25-2015, 04:28 AM
what about anything else on your network that might be taking priority, like torrents or online gaming maybe.
Is that a factor ?
I hate to say check cables and all the rest of the stuff, cause it is been known to freeze up thru iptv channels. Mostly it's okay thou.

starlord
02-27-2015, 11:29 AM
try setting buffer rate

chevy85
02-27-2015, 02:55 PM
To change the buffer size go to Settings,,then go to inner portal,,ok,,settings,,system settings,,advance settings,,there you can change the buffer size..good luck..

whynot
02-27-2015, 06:45 PM
see this may sound weird but when i use wireless i dont get freezing on cable i do try wireless

luvlocks
02-28-2015, 01:20 PM
To change the buffer size go to Settings,,then go to inner portal,,ok,,settings,,system settings,,advance settings,,there you can change the buffer size..good luck..

What buffer rate would you recommend if your are experiencing freezing and everything else appears to be correct?

starlord
02-28-2015, 03:06 PM
i changed mine to ten