PDA

View Full Version : NEW FTA66 IPTV Service Setup?

The Oracle
02-01-2015, 03:01 PM
Hi,

I just saw the announcement on the new IPTV service provided by FTA66. I have searched the forum but haven't found any instructions on how to set up the service in order to try it. Can someone please provide more information on it?

Thanks for all your time and support!

alex
02-01-2015, 04:38 PM
I am interested too.

FTA_Guy
02-01-2015, 04:40 PM
WOW... BIG e-mail blast and NO information!
FOUL LANGUAGE REMOVED!!

Missing Link
02-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Here you go.

You will need an android emulator, mag stb, or avov

Settings are for mag25x
C/P

The server for VoD testing is ready!

Please follow the instructions below to connect to the server:

1- From the embedded portal go to Settings -> System Settings -> Servers -> Portals.
2- In Portal URL 1 press the KB (Keyboard) key of your remote control.
3- Enter the URL:

http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv/
4- Press the KB key again to hide the keyboard.
5- Press the OK key to save settings.
6- Press the Home key until you get back to System Settings.
7- Select Reboot device.

The box will restart and if it is the only portal configured then:

will load automatically, if not then it will show you the portal list and you should choose one of them.

During the testing mode the authentication is be disabled and anyone can connect to the server.

Please post your feedback, comments, inquiries in the IPTV FORUM here!

enjoy!

digitaldan
02-01-2015, 05:27 PM
This is a welcome option! I too have been playing with the info I have just can't figure out what to put where. I have the following places to enter information....

Server Name

IP Address

Port

Protocol

The Name and IP addy seems easy enough. Also the port. That said, Where to put what would be nice to know. :) Thank you for your service! Very happy customer here! Have a great day!

EDIT: I see that info was posted as I was typing! Thanks!

The Oracle
02-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Great!

Thanks for information!

Looking forward to test it very soon!

Thanks!

doggiedog1
02-01-2015, 09:16 PM
so this service will not work on a roku

Rabz84
02-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Working flawlessly on my MAG250.
Thanks for the testing.
Looking forward for the full launch.

theb4
02-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Will it work on Windows pc running xbmc.

whynot
02-01-2015, 09:46 PM
yes with a emulator for pc not xbmc

figueiraslick
02-01-2015, 10:21 PM
for the android emulator, it says it works on your computer but will it work on any android tablet

figueiraslick
02-01-2015, 10:23 PM
Working flawlessly on my MAG250.
Thanks for the testing.
Looking forward for the full launch.

Same here I agree with Rabz84, works smoothly

Missing Link
02-02-2015, 01:06 AM
for the android emulator, it says it works on your computer but will it work on any android tablet

Works on my phone so it should work on your tablet unless it's a real old one.

The Oracle
02-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Hi,

I was trying to test the IPTV and installed blue stacks on my computer. When I enter the address in the the browser it says: "Your STB is Blocked. Call the Provider."

Any idea on what might be wrong or how can I get it to work?

Please advise.

THanks!

The Oracle
02-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Hi,

I was trying to test the IPTV and installed blue stacks on my computer. When I enter the address in the the browser it says: "Your STB is Blocked. Call the Provider."

Any idea on what might be wrong or how can I get it to work?

Please advise.

THanks!

After some search and research I figured out that I need an IPTV emulator with MAG250 at least... So I was able to get the app for bluestacks and have being able to configure the URL correctly. Now when I get to the channel list I can see the 5 channels but all seems to be black... It's because they are offline right now or it's something else missing at my setup?

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!!

digitaldan
02-02-2015, 03:38 PM
If this is simply an IP delivery system, shouldn't it work with any IP box? I have a sat/ IPTV capable receiver. Novatec chipset. That's all I can say at the moment because it isn't for sale yet but will be soon. It is a general purpose receiver. It can scan from server, or you can load a list and scan channels directly by USB drive. I have tried to enter the server name, the Ip addy, Port number is not mentioned but have a place to enter it. Also I assume that the Protocol is http? Or could that be something else like rtmp, rtsp, or something else? Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: I have added several channels directly with the USB so I know the thing is working. Just IPTV being so new around here, still learning about how to enter the information needed correctly. Talk about taking a crash course in learning! Also my apologies to the mods for posting this in the wrong area at first. I forgot what section I was in but have deleted that post and put it here in what I hope is the right place! :D

whynot
02-02-2015, 05:46 PM
all you need is mag 250 or 254 or avov box nothing more to get iptv dont need to get IPTV emulator for avov you do need to get tv-online from the store

aztheroth
02-02-2015, 05:50 PM
It doesn't work on my Note4. I go to common settings, profiles and portal settings. On portal url I put that address. press back and exit and when I open again the app it says the stb is damaged. Is not compatible with android KitKat?

Sammy
02-02-2015, 06:28 PM
Will not work direct to a tablet you need the emulation.

The Oracle
02-02-2015, 06:35 PM
I have installed bluestack android emulator on my computer and from the emulator downloaded IPTV emulator and configured. I can see the channel list but no image after clicking on the channel. Not sure if I missed anything else...

Tunashaker
02-03-2015, 12:24 AM
how mamy live channels d you get ?

xayoz77
02-03-2015, 12:44 PM
installed STB emulator on my Samsung Galaxy S5, set it to Mag250, portal url to http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv and get STB is damaged error, any suggestions?

aztheroth
02-03-2015, 01:56 PM
I get the same error on Note 4.

whynot
02-03-2015, 04:31 PM
click top right corner for setting on emulator

jillianl
02-03-2015, 05:02 PM
click top right corner for setting on emulator

I am getting the same error STB is damaged. I have it set to the mag 250 in the profile settings. Was anyone able to connect?

Okay I figured that out......you have to change the last 3 digits of your mac address in your profile. Once I did that I got connected. but I only have 5 channels?

Sammy
02-03-2015, 05:14 PM
For the trial period that is what is open.

jillianl
02-03-2015, 05:19 PM
ah okay that make sense! Thanks

jillianl
02-03-2015, 06:05 PM
sorry for all the questions.....so I see the 5 channels, but when I click on one of the channels I am not getting any video. Is there a setting I am missing?

thunderstruck
02-03-2015, 06:29 PM
channels went offline for a short time this morning, but reports say they are back now.
Maybe receiver needs a reboot

jillianl
02-03-2015, 06:37 PM
channels went offline for a short time this morning, but reports say they are back now.
Maybe receiver needs a reboot

I am currently using the iptv set top box emulator and testing on my laptop. I haven't received my box yet

jillianl
02-03-2015, 07:24 PM
I assume I need some additional video/codecs installed but I am not sure what is needed. I am getting the following error message when I try and play the stream : error playing media....unknown media format.

I tried installing vlc, mx player etc...I am sure I am missing something simple.. I appreciate the help!

The Oracle
02-03-2015, 11:42 PM
Ok so after retrying today again with bluestacks android emulator for pc and after installing stb emulator on the android emulator (bluestacks) I was able to connect to the IPTV server and watch the 5 channels live as well as some movies from the video club. I have to say I'm pretty impressed so far with the video and audio quality I have seen so far. Just very short freezes and probably was my connection that get's heavy loaded at this time of the night. Obviously I wasn't using a physical stb therefore I did get a few lags in the remote response and even some freezes on the emulator, which definitely I would not expect on a real mag 254. I think that the IPTV service would be great and having the flexibility of having my TV in a little box that I can carry to anywhere I have internet without needing sat dishes are really great!

I'm looking forward to the official launch with all the channel line up but as far as what it's being proposed to be offer this will be definitely a great service and I will get mine as soon as available in full.

Thanks to the admins and all the staff behind this service!

Regards,
The Oracle

jillianl
02-04-2015, 12:11 AM
Oracle, I was also able to get the emulation working and watched the live TV. How did you go about watching the movies from the video club?

The Oracle
02-04-2015, 12:30 AM
Oracle, I was also able to get the emulation working and watched the live TV. How did you go about watching the movies from the video club?

Yes I was able to watch 2 movies (just part of each one since I was just testing... plus I had watched before.. ;) ) and all worked nice and audio and video was great as well.

sebiches
02-04-2015, 02:56 AM
jillianl, how did you fix the media error for the mag emulator, I was able to install but no video, I get the error you previously had. thanks.

The Oracle
02-04-2015, 03:43 AM
jillianl, how did you fix the media error for the mag emulator, I was able to install but no video, I get the error you previously had. thanks.

Did you changed the mac address on your STB Emulator? If you use the default one you will not be able to connect, the suggestion would be to change at least the last 3 pairs at the end of the MAC to anything different to the values from default.

yasser
02-04-2015, 07:04 AM
Ok so after retrying today again with bluestacks android emulator for pc and after installing stb emulator on the android emulator (bluestacks) I was able to connect to the IPTV server and watch the 5 channels live as well as some movies from the video club. I have to say I'm pretty impressed so far with the video and audio quality I have seen so far. Just very short freezes and probably was my connection that get's heavy loaded at this time of the night. Obviously I wasn't using a physical stb therefore I did get a few lags in the remote response and even some freezes on the emulator, which definitely I would not expect on a real mag 254. I think that the IPTV service would be great and having the flexibility of having my TV in a little box that I can carry to anywhere I have internet without needing sat dishes are really great!

I'm looking forward to the official launch with all the channel line up but as far as what it's being proposed to be offer this will be definitely a great service and I will get mine as soon as available in full.

Thanks to the admins and all the staff behind this service!

Regards,
The Oracle

Could you please list the setting for the stb emulator. I have installed the bluestaks and stb emulator and I did setup the URL as mentioned here but no luck. Is there any other tool (vlc, mx player) I need to install in order to make it work? I'm running win7.

jillianl
02-04-2015, 10:43 AM
I uninstalled the emulator, installed the mx player, with some additional codecs as well as an flv player. reinstalled the emulator, and restarted the the app. To be honest, it is a little flakey, but I was able to get it to work.

jillianl
02-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Oracle, that is great. I am just not sure how to go about finding the movies! So where do you go to get the movies I guess is my question!

luvlocks
02-04-2015, 12:29 PM
With help from the great posts on this site and some research of my own I was able to connect with my google nexus. I found this website which helped me configure the emulator.

http://www.htpcguides.com/setup-android-stb-emulator-iptv/

Obviously with only 5 channels there is limited content. But the picture and sound is great in quality. I can't wait until the service is expanded.

The Oracle
02-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Could you please list the setting for the stb emulator. I have installed the bluestaks and stb emulator and I did setup the URL as mentioned here but no luck. Is there any other tool (vlc, mx player) I need to install in order to make it work? I'm running win7.
The guide link posted by luvlocks was the same I followed, but using the iptv server provided by FTA66. It should work once you follow their guide step by step on how to configure STB emulator.

The Oracle
02-04-2015, 01:47 PM
Oracle, that is great. I am just not sure how to go about finding the movies! So where do you go to get the movies I guess is my question!

Once allow stalker to complete the loading you will be shown the dashboard with TV and ALL selected, click on the screen and you will see the remote control keys shown, click on right to move the dashboard menu to Video Club and then click OK using the on screen remote. You will be presented with a new screen that has all the movies listed to the left and a preview at the right. You can browse the movies simply by moving up or down with your keyboard and once you find the one you want to watch you can again click OK on the screen remote and will load and start the movie.

I hope this helps to clarify your doubts. ;)

jillianl
02-04-2015, 05:43 PM
that is exactly what I was looking for!!! For some reason, I couldn't seem to navigate on the screen.

The Oracle
02-04-2015, 06:57 PM
that is exactly what I was looking for!!! For some reason, I couldn't seem to navigate on the screen.

I'm glad to help ;)

sebiches
02-04-2015, 08:00 PM
If you are getting the "media format" error. Once the emulator is running, theres an option to change the media player on the upper right hand side. It is on internal, change it to "external" it will have to restart the emulator, then it will give you the option to select an external player, in this case mx player will do. if you don't have it dl while in bluestacks.

jillianl
02-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Thanks sebiches. I will try that on the other laptop that I couldn't get working (I finally got it working on one of them :)). any ideas on why the VoD movies would play on Samsung tablet but no picture when trying to play the tv channels?

Okay, I had to select the video play as suggested by sebiches! You guys are great with all the suggestions!

toro33
02-05-2015, 01:42 AM
Hi everyone I am getting a error after including all the info on stb emulator on my android tablet AUTHENTICATION PROBLEM anybody willing to share some tips will be appreciated thanks..

Sammy
02-05-2015, 02:38 AM
Start a few posts back and the info is posted.

mr.sky
02-05-2015, 04:52 AM
So what will be the member cost to subscribe to this new service. And will you guys post a channel lineup?

The Oracle
02-05-2015, 12:07 PM
So what will be the member cost to subscribe to this new service. And will you guys post a channel lineup?

Possible or tentative channel line up --> http://fta66.com/threads/4364-IPTV-Channel-List-INFO

Costs information so far.. --> http://fta66.com/threads/4366-IPTV-5-New-Live-Channels!

toro33
02-06-2015, 01:48 AM
Thanks Sammy..

jillianl
02-06-2015, 05:07 PM
31 TV channels today! But it is freezing quite a lot

whynot
02-06-2015, 06:17 PM
only one for me encore the rest work great

dmc68dmc68
02-07-2015, 12:12 PM
:) finally I Have it working thanks all for the info

cats4526
02-08-2015, 06:04 PM
will it work on roku 3

jessebar
02-08-2015, 06:20 PM
working on my moto g cell, had to use xmtv as an external player... :0

martin117
02-08-2015, 11:33 PM
I'm curious. Anyone that has the mag254. Do you get all the channels or just a few. I'm just getting a few channel .

I don't mean to hi jack the tread.

Sammy
02-09-2015, 01:48 AM
No on roku

will it work on roku 3

Sammy
02-09-2015, 01:49 AM
Just a few for the test.

I'm curious. Anyone that has the mag254. Do you get all the channels or just a few. I'm just getting a few channel .

I don't mean to hi jack the tread.

The Oracle
02-09-2015, 02:41 AM
31 channels live and counting... Ok, convinced. I just placed my order for the mag254!!...

Thanks all for the support

chevyfever
02-09-2015, 05:25 PM
What channel are up.I got a Mag 254 box loaded the server and all channels are black.

Missing Link
02-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Channels are down right now, but vod is up.

Rico90
02-10-2015, 06:33 AM
I just set up a mag250 and is working great, no issues

Mike12345
02-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Here you go.

You will need an android emulator, mag stb, or avov

Settings are for mag25x
C/P

The server for VoD testing is ready!

Please follow the instructions below to connect to the server:

1- From the embedded portal go to Settings -> System Settings -> Servers -> Portals.
2- In Portal URL 1 press the KB (Keyboard) key of your remote control.
3- Enter the URL:

4- Press the KB key again to hide the keyboard.
5- Press the OK key to save settings.
6- Press the Home key until you get back to System Settings.
7- Select Reboot device.

The box will restart and if it is the only portal configured then:

will load automatically, if not then it will show you the portal list and you should choose one of them.

During the testing mode the authentication is be disabled and anyone can connect to the server.

Please post your feedback, comments, inquiries in the IPTV FORUM here!

enjoy!

Hi Missing Link,
I am trying to set up iptv using a Mag254 and get as far as step 7 "select reboot device"----can you tell me which button on the remote do I use ?Thanks Mike12345

Sammy
02-11-2015, 07:23 PM
You select that from the menu inner portal.

toro33
02-12-2015, 05:28 AM
Got my mag 250 today up and running over 30 channels great thanks.

kermitii
02-12-2015, 11:22 PM
Hey torro33 I just got my new MAG254 and I am going nuts trying to set it up to get the iks66 IPTV channels could you help me out or suggest a site that may help this bimbo!
Thanks
kermitii

thunderstruck
02-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Hey torro33 I just got my new MAG254 and I am going nuts trying to set it up to get the iks66 IPTV channels could you help me out or suggest a site that may help this bimbo!
Thanks
kermitii

follow the instructions in post #4

if still having trouble, let us know what seems to be the troublesome area

toro33
02-13-2015, 12:52 AM
Yes also fallow missing link guide on the first page step by step super easy...

kermitii
02-13-2015, 01:14 AM
Many thanks up and working! Not all channels showing but the ones that are good and clear!
kermitii

eddie11752
02-13-2015, 03:17 AM
I just hooked up my Mag 254. I am getting a LOT of freezing on all channels. I did not find where to put in my server name, port, deskey, password, etc. I did enter the code "http//1.iptvprivateserver.tv/" in the URL 1 section.
All channels including movies are coming in, but it is just constant freeze and play. Any help or where to read will be appreciated !

thunderstruck
02-13-2015, 04:22 AM
try using the address without the http thing. See if that makes a difference
1.iptvprivateserver.tv

so many things could cause this thou, from a bad wired connection to wrong image (firmware).

fastrick
02-13-2015, 10:23 PM
I just hooked up my Mag 254. I am getting a LOT of freezing on all channels. I did not find where to put in my server name, port, deskey, password, etc. I did enter the code "http//1.iptvprivateserver.tv/" in the URL 1 section.
All channels including movies are coming in, but it is just constant freeze and play. Any help or where to read will be appreciated !

Try HTTP://1.iptvprivateserver.tv

eddie11752
02-14-2015, 01:36 AM
OK I have tried both fastrick and thunderstruck's instructions. Fastrick's I could not connect to server, and thunderstruct's "fix" connected and worked better but still a lot of freezing.

luvlocks
02-14-2015, 12:37 PM
51 channels now and counting. New vod movies added almost daily. keep it up! Just need a EPG.

eddie11752
02-14-2015, 08:33 PM
Does anyone have any other ideas how to get my Mag 254 to work without freezing? I have tried different ethernet plugs and also wireless connection.....works the same on all of them. All channels come in but they play a few seconds and freeze a few seconds. It does this on and on...........Help needed !!!

Sammy
02-14-2015, 09:13 PM
Faster internet.

Aymane50
02-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Did you update to the newest firmware?

Go to the inner portal, system settings, update. That might do it.

Rico90
02-16-2015, 12:43 AM
Check the speed of the internet, some boxes are required a minimum of 10mbps.

digitaldan
02-18-2015, 10:17 PM
Well I just took the plunge........ One mag 254 on it's way! I live so far out in the country though there is no cable. Only dsl and only 6mbps service. That said my iptv satellite combo box works great at that speed so hopefully this mag will too! Have a great day! :)

kermitii
02-21-2015, 11:32 PM
I have had my MAG 254 up for about 1 week and over all I am very happy! Anyone know when the "Beta Test" will be replaced with a full operation? I see a few more channels have been added hope they keep up the good work!
kermitii

bobby99999
02-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Just wondering what do you get for channels same as dish?

Tecun
02-23-2015, 10:08 PM
Just wondering what do you get for channels same as dish?

I don't know if i understand your question very well. With iptv you can get your tv channels anywhere you go, the only thing you need is internet!
Thanks.

The Oracle
02-24-2015, 03:21 AM
Finally (after 2 weeks since placing my order) today I received my MAG 254 and I just have to said it's working great! Simple to configure, 60 channels available (keep in mind still in demo), plus 800+ movies available for instant streaming from the video club. Still need to test some other features like recording, but so far I'm in love with the image and sound quality, plus no freezes noticed in all the afternoon/night. Also it has the option to play content remotely from devices or computers connected to my same network, from where I can browse the hard drive content and play, music, videos and pictures remotely.

So definitely it's a great addition to my existing IKS and just waiting for the final launch of the full IPTV service, hoping it can bring Local channels as well as ppv movies and events.

Thanks for a great service!

terraman
03-20-2015, 07:29 PM
Tried to set up on my android box it's a world tivi box got it working with the mag 250 emulator constantly freezes up and closes program tried to update went to settings and says not available with kit Kat any suggestions

terraman
03-20-2015, 11:22 PM
Should I try older version or something seems to work fine on vod but when going down tv Chan list freezes and kicks me out of program

digitaldan
03-23-2015, 09:31 AM
Should I try older version or something seems to work fine on vod but when going down tv Chan list freezes and kicks me out of program
Just try being patient. I see days with no problems and days where I just give up from all the freezing and channels that do not load. And only find out in the end shortly there after that the channel count goes up and everything is back to working great again! They are working on things! If I may make a suggestion...... What I did to supplement channels while the work continues was load a channel list on the inner portal. I am positive from what I have seen that freezing and other problems are simply a direct result of the system being set up. Have a great day!

bobby99999
03-23-2015, 02:50 PM
What are there for receiver for IPTV don't know much about this service.

THXS

nimogirl
03-24-2015, 12:02 AM
Receivers I have for the IPTV are the MAG 250 and MAG 254. Both are pretty easy to set up and work well. Each runs about $70. Just google it and you will find a dealer.

The only problem I had when I set it up was I didn't do the upgrade software, so I was confused for a little bit. But I found good help on this site and got it going. Good luck.

thunderstruck
03-24-2015, 01:51 AM
aVoV ... there is basically no setting up.
Plug it in, follow onscreen prompts.. Done :)

You are correct too nimogirl, them Mags are easy .. but till you try an aVoV, you not know the meaning of easy for user.

The Oracle
03-24-2015, 04:45 PM
aVoV ... there is basically no setting up.
Plug it in, follow onscreen prompts.. Done :)

You are correct too nimogirl, them Mags are easy .. but till you try an aVoV, you not know the meaning of easy for user.

Just out of curiosity which aVoV you got? Vixo1 or TVOnline?

islandboy
04-23-2015, 06:06 PM
just got my mag 254 do you'll recommend upgrade software first? also where do I find the vod section thanks for the help.

Sammy
04-23-2015, 06:37 PM
Up date and the outer portal is where you find vod.

islandboy
04-24-2015, 06:22 PM
where is the outer portal? sorry new this this need to know whats inner and outer portal

Sammy
04-24-2015, 08:12 PM
It is in your menu.

Rcaceres
04-29-2015, 02:30 AM
Hi,
I want to congratulate FTA66. I installed the demo in my Mag250 without any problems. Quality of service is excellent. I have tried several other services and this is the best one by far. Thanks for the demo. Keep up the good work.

memorex
05-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Just Bought a Mag 254 and Not working for me at the Moment..

Any Help would be Great

Mem..

Sammy
05-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Give us a clue about "not working"

memorex
05-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Unwrapped the Box and Plugged into the TV..

Did an Update

Went into Settings > System Settings > Servers > General and entered http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv ( As Shown Here) > Saved Rebooted and when I select IPTV it says NO IPTV Channels..

Did I will a Step Somewhere ?..

Mem..

Sammy
05-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Our other web site is a good place to do iptv. iptvtalk.org

memorex
05-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Aha Got It..

Didn't know about adding the URL also in the Portal Area..

Working Now..

Mem..

frostycold
05-10-2015, 03:14 AM
I have tried the iptv66 portal info that was sent to me when I ordered, but it is not connecting?

--------------------------------------------------------

Nevermind! I saw the post on setting up, and used the iptvprivateserver address, and not the one on the information page that came up after a I registered my Mac. All is good. Will this be the same address when it switches over to a pay service?

memorex
05-10-2015, 04:04 AM
Im Guessing iptv66 will be the Server Address once they go to Pay Only..

starlord
05-10-2015, 10:40 AM
where do you register your mac address

Sammy
05-10-2015, 02:39 PM
See the announcements section.

mushtaqc
05-27-2015, 07:05 PM
Once tested, when its going to go full fledge, so we can buy the route.