PDA

View Full Version : Paypal alternatives?

Metis
07-29-2014, 07:10 PM
Okay now, I get why I don't want to use Paypal, it makes perfect sense. But unless I'm misunderstanding them, some posts seem to indicate it's okay to use a credit card as long as the processor will accept overseas processing. Isn't Citibank, Chase, AmEx, (insert your favorite US CC company here) just as likely to give up my personal info as Paypal?

I know I can be dense, but I don't want a $3,500 problem any more than anyone else! What am I missing?
-Metis

Sammy
07-29-2014, 07:45 PM
A Visa that can be used internationally is the cc to use and the processing is off shore so you are safe.

Metis
07-29-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi Sammy,
Thanks again for this reply as well! I'm really being dense here, so sorry please forgive me for this dead horse I'm flogging!

My Visa can be used internationally, but since it is processed/administered in Delaware. I'm guessing that's not what you mean, right?

Where would I go about getting one that is truly administered overseas? Maybe a better/easier question would be; Would a refillable prepaid Visa or MC that I buy with cash in Walmart work? The processor wouldn't have any of my personal information even if he wanted to give it out, right?

Thanks,
-Metis of the Concrete Skull

Sammy
07-29-2014, 08:50 PM
You are buying a pair of shoes from China that is what I mean when I say processed off shore( that is just a example). No most prepaid won't work and if they did you still give up information before you can use it. TSA at work.

Sephiroth
07-30-2014, 02:23 AM
Okay now, I get why I don't want to use Paypal, it makes perfect sense. But unless I'm misunderstanding them, some posts seem to indicate it's okay to use a credit card as long as the processor will accept overseas processing. Isn't Citibank, Chase, AmEx, (insert your favorite US CC company here) just as likely to give up my personal info as Paypal?

I know I can be dense, but I don't want a $3,500 problem any more than anyone else! What am I missing?
-Metis

With Paypal you know whom is receiving the money (recipient email) but those Chinese processors have no identifier that specify that you are paying to IKS66 or anyone else because all CC charge descriptions are generic and those payment processors handle payment for many companies not only IKS66 and for such reason your bank and no one else can confirm that you have sent a payment to IKS66.

That's why payments done through offshore payment gateways are 100% safe, no matter if you use your personal card or a prepaid one.

Sephiroth
07-30-2014, 02:27 AM
Hi Sammy,
Thanks again for this reply as well! I'm really being dense here, so sorry please forgive me for this dead horse I'm flogging!

My Visa can be used internationally, but since it is processed/administered in Delaware. I'm guessing that's not what you mean, right?

Where would I go about getting one that is truly administered overseas? Maybe a better/easier question would be; Would a refillable prepaid Visa or MC that I buy with cash in Walmart work? The processor wouldn't have any of my personal information even if he wanted to give it out, right?

Thanks,
-Metis of the Concrete Skull

Yeah, of course an anonymous prepaid card is safer, but is hard to find one that works for international payments, most of those cards usually have additional fees and are limited for domestic use only.